Topic 1, Sub-Topic 1
- A house manifest is a summary declaration in which a Consolidator Agent breaks down the master transport document (TD) to individual consignees.
- The step-by-step process for creating and registering a house manifest is described below:
- Click on the manifest icon on the home page.
- Select capture tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select house manifest, type manifest number, and then search summary declaration that needs to be consolidated. SAVE.
- Add transport document and fill in all required fields. SAVE.
- Select line of package and fill in all required fields. SAVE.
- The house manifest is automatically approved.
- When entering a deconsolidation summary declaration, the carrier must specify the transport document to deconsolidate.
- When Consolidated TD ID is present (deconsolidation), the Carrier (deconsolidation agent) must be registered from the Traders Registry.
- The Consolidated Transport Document referenced must be included in an import covering SD (either air, or sea or house) and the consignee of this Consolidated TD must be registered and have the same TR number as the one of the deconsolidation agents.
- When the deconsolidation procedure is completed, the specified Consolidated TD is automatically discharged.
- The Consolidator can only deconsolidate Bills of Lading assigned to them; this applies to sea manifest since the manifest clearly indicates who the Consolidator is for a given consignment.
- However, for air manifest there is no provision in the IATA CIMP for indicating the consolidator, hence different consolidators can view any cargo which has not been deconsolidated.
- The Consolidator is a role in the application. On the Manifest, the Consolidator is indicated as the Consignee. Only a User related to the Consolidator and having a Consolidator Role can deconsolidate BL or AWL. For AWL, The Freight Forwarding Agent will be indicated as the DE consolidator (Consignee). In case the Freight Forwarder nominates another de-consolidator, a special transaction known as “Change Ownership” will be used.
- The total gross weight for all BLs in a House manifest shall be exactly equal to sum of gross weights of the master BLs that constitute the House manifest, otherwise system will give failure error message.
- KRA. (2019). iCMS Manifest Module.
The course trainer will present you with excerpt details of a Bill of Lading and cargo manifest.
From the Bill of Lading and cargo manifest:
- Create and register a cargo manifest.
- From the approved manifest, create and register a supplementary manifest.
- From the approved manifest, make alteration on consignee details and commercial description details.
- Describe what you understand by the following terms:
- Manifest amendment
- Manifest pre-verification
- Supplementary manifest
- House manifest
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of customs agents / clearing and forwarding agents face in creating and submitting cargo manifest.