- iCMS allows declarant to lodge a pre-verification request to Customs prior to lodging a Customs declaration.
- Pre-verification request is made at TD level, and only one can be made per TD.
- The step-by-step process for submitting a pre-verification request is as follows:
- Log into the system as a Shipping agent; click on green tick; click on manifest module.
- Click on pre-verification request on the left side of the window.
- You will have to options displayed: search pre-verification request and capture pre-verification request. Select capture pre-verification request.
- Key in manifest number and search.
- Select TD that you wish to do pre-verification on, then search.
- Key in reason for pre-verification in the newly popped up window.
- Submit by clicking the tick icon. Pre-verification request number is generated.
- Once verification of goods is done, officer will input report. S/Agent will then go to the left window side and select search pre-verification request.
- Enter manifest number and search.
- Highlight one TD; select view pre-verification report icon at the top of the popped-up window.
- Print report if necessary.